Monday, September 17, 2007

Because I Can



Ahh Monday. For the first time, I can say that and not squirm in agony as the beginning of my work week would be beginning.

Sunday and today I looked very much like these guys above. They're the boys' kittens who are usually wreaking havoc throughout the house. But since the temperature has started to cool down to true fall numbers, we've been keeping the windows open to air out the house and provide a nice natural breeze.

It's amazing how much the hustle and bustle of everyday life makes you forget some of the better parts of life. 9 hours at work, around an hour at the gym, time spent eating, driving and doing chores throughout the day and that leaves maybe 5 or so hours of free time before having to be in bed at a reasonable time to start it all over again.

So my days usually end up being pretty systematic and predictable.

I got to do some things these first two days of vacation that I haven't been able to do in a long time. I'm the type of person that feels like in my free time I need to be working towards finishing things. Whether it be posting here, balancing our checkbooks or whatever. I felt like I had to get things done in my own personal time to make me feel like I'd done something useful in my life that wasn't work oriented. I like having a feeling of personal accomplishment so that I don't feel like I'm living just to work and pay bills.

I actually spent about three hours just laying and snuggling with my beau yesterday. It's been a long time since that's happened...usually only on weekend mornings when I happen to have a saturday or sunday off. That was a great feeling and I could have fell asleep at anytime. He puts off this body heat that is just impossible not to have to fight that feeling of warm drowsiness.

Then, today, I actually was able to take my puppy out to the backyard and just let her run and have a good time without a precursor of having her do her natural duties. She enjoyed that ever so much. She was zipping up and down the yard just for the heck of it. Just because she can.

And that's how I plan to spend this two weeks. Re-examining the good things that I have either missed out on or have lost sight. This will be good for me, and rejuvenating.

You know why? Because I can.

1 comment:

Jeremy Ryan said...

Good for you. I hope you enjoy your time. Rest, Relax and unwind! That's the best way to spend a vacation (short of going some where).